Monday, October 5, 2015

Whole 30 Day 22: Is this really over next week?

I never thought I could do this.  I really, truly didn't.  Well.  I haven't finished yet, but I really feel like the odds of me messing up at this point are super small.  I think the thing that surprised me most was how not hard it was to make these changes, so long as I planned my days in advance.

So that's my biggest take away so far.  Plan. Plan. Plan.

Yesterday I made chili for the crock pot, had tuna salad on bibb lettuce for lunch and some hard boiled eggs for breakfast. There were some other snacks and such in there, such as apples with almond butter.  Let me tell you about almond butter.  It's amazing and I love it...it's creamy and nutty but more sophisticated than peanut butter.  Try it.  You won't be sorry.  Later,  I did some shopping for the rest of the week and our menu includes:  chicken stir fry with this sauce (yes, I'm leaving the honey out), cauli rice, grilled chicken, spinach salad, and zoodles with marinara.  And leftover chili and tomato soup from the weekend.  I'm going to also try my friend's chicken shawarma recipe.

Next week I get to reintroduce legumes, so I think I'll do that by eating hummus at one meal and black beans at another.  Then I'll wait a week or so and see if there are ill effects.

So that's my update!


No comments: