Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Whole 30 Day Eight: Chips, chips, chips!

Yesterday I needed chips.  Needed.  HAD. TO. HAVE.  Crunchy, salty, delicious chips.  White potatoes are OK on this plan, but there are some caveats.  Potatoes can be food "without brakes" and if you don't have a limit or a set controlled portion, it's lights out, you're eating way too much. 

Fortunately for me, I have a cool gadget that can make me W30 approved chips.

It's from Pampered Chef and it's awesome. You can make potato chips, sweet potato chips, apple chips, and so on.  A friend said I sounded like the Forrest Gump of chips when talking about what you can do with this thing, but for reals.  Chips made in my microwave? Yes, please.

Seriously.  Look at how these chips turned out.  From my microwave.  It's voodoo, for sure.




Aside from the chips emergency, my day was smooth sailing.  I hit up IKEA with a friend and then Lowe's in search of a closet solution for her kids.  I walked the kids to and from school, and then we had leftovers for dinner (pork for the kids, Hawaiian chicken burgers for me and The Husband).  At dinner though, I ended up feeling full before I was done.  It was a different full, a good full.  And I was kind of bored and tired of eating.  So I stopped.

I was in bed by 9:30 and surprisingly alert and awake this morning at 5:30.  That's new.  I'm subbing today and I'll be packing my usual salad with grilled chicken.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do about tonight for dinner.  I don't think the kids would be pleased to have pork a third night in a row.  Maybe I'll conjure up some type of Taco Tuesday with a twist.


No comments: