Sunday, September 27, 2015

Whole 30 Day Fourteen: Two weeks already?!

So today was Day 14.  I can't believe it's been two weeks already!  In general I'm feeling really good, I've only had to take my Meloxicam a few times in the last week. 

Last night I made the most delicious dinner.  Seriously.  It was soooooo good.  I made a vegetable biryani (another delish dish from Danielle Walker) and I put cashew chicken curry on top it (sans yogurt).  Oh, I also left out the raisins.  Because raisins are gross.  I also added red bell pepper to the onions and stirred in fresh broccoli at the end. It was just what I needed to break me out of my food slump.  I had some more for lunch today.  It's seriously so good that I hope I dream about it tonight. 

I would like to pat myself on the back for tonight's dinner prep because it involved taking a bag of soup from the freezer (a Day 1 prep) and putting it in the crock pot.  Done and done.  So easy.  I think I ate a gazillion vegetables today.

I still need to master my mayo.  I attempted to fix yesterday's debacle, but it turns out my blender is too big for such a small batch.  So I'll probably end up buying a smaller food processor or a newer stick blender that doesn't require me to hold the button down because I just can't do that with my lack of grip strength/joint pain in my hands.

I'm still sleeping really well, too!  All in all, I don't regret making the decision to give this another try. I've tried it before a few times in the last year and never made it past Day 4.  One of my friends (she's also my neighbor) is sticking to the W30 lifestyle for the most part too, so it's nice to have someone so close by who gets it.  She drank seltzer with me last night while watching Doctor Who.  All in all, it was a nice weekend. 

Speaking of Doctor Who...some may consider what follows spoilerish, so if you're not caught up or if you care, quit reading now.


Last chance...

Um.  What the hell is up with the shades?  Those better not be a replacement for the sonic screwdriver.  Because seriously.  What.  The.  Fuck?

No comments: