Friday, September 18, 2015

Whole 30 Day Five: The day I was offered endless cake

I subbed today and then pretty much went straight from the middle school to the high school to feed the marching band before the game.  I stopped at Wegmans with my friend (and fellow marching band mom) first to pick up our catering order, but it was go, go, go.  I was well prepared though!  I choked down my breakfast hash before school and had a nice lunch of leftover veggie soup with grilled chicken.  After school I had some hard boiled eggs for snack.  I'm finally home and just ate a sweet potato.  I should probably eat some more, but I'm just exhausted.  The Husband went up to the game to watch The Boy's performance.  I wish I had it in me to stay, but I'm just wiped.

The class I subbed in today was small (14 kids) but it was all special needs kids, some more severe than others.  It took a lot out of me, but it was so, so, so rewarding.  Many of these kids were so sweet.  I made a new friend and he was sad when I told him I wasn't going to be there Monday.  I will be subbing Tuesday, though, and my classroom is right across the hall from him.  I told him I'd say hi.  I seriously applaud these teachers.

I mentioned cake.  Let's talk about it.  I'm not, and never have been, a big sweets eater.  Savory, salty things have always been my vice.  Today I was offered cake fifty zillion times.   Apparently teachers at the middle school like their cake.  It was pretty easy to say no, but never in my life have I been offered cake so much.  One of the teachers insisted I take some anyway and give it to The Boy later.  No means no, Miss Tasha.

So I survived the work week and I'm running low on prepped food.  I think tomorrow I'm going to map out next week and get some cooking done.  We may hit up Six Flags on Sunday, so I need to make a plan for that, too.  I've been trying to write this post for far too long now, so I'm just gonna close it out now.

No comments: