Saturday, September 19, 2015

Whole 30 Day Six: Today I wanted pizza

Last night after I blogged I really, really wanted french fries.  Probably because The Husband had taken The Boy by McDonald's after the football game and the smell of fries and nuggets was so alluring I had to hide upstairs.  Salty, potato-y goodness.  Sigh.  I went to bed and was proud of myself.  But I was a tad pouty.  But look at how cute and grown up The Boy looks in his marching band uniform!  That made it a bit better.



So even though I was tempted last night and the night's not quite over, I'm going to go ahead and say I finished Day Six successfully. It's far from over because I'm going to a friend's house later to watch Doctor Who.  She knows what I'm doing and is being supportive.  I'm taking a giant cup of unsweetened tea and a handful of raw almonds with me.  Woo.

I slept way longer than I planned to this morning.  I didn't get up until almost 9 and I went to bed at 10:30.  I like sleeping, but I was surprised I slept that long.  I'm actually tired now, too.  One of the other marching band moms and I discussed Whole 30 last night and she mentioned getting "the carb flu" and warned me to prepare myself.  Maybe that's why I'm so tired?  I dunno.  I had some coffee and more veggie frittata for breakfast.  I planned out next week's menu and then went for a long walk with a friend.  For lunch I finished up the meatballs I made earlier in the week along with some sweet potato.  It was tasty, but at one point during the day I really, really wanted a pan pizza from Pizza Hut.  That's not even good pizza, but it was all I could think about for a while.  I vented to a friend on Facebook and she assured me the feeling would pass.  It did, eventually.  But now that I'm discussing it again...

I hit the store to get supplies for most of this upcoming week's menu and also ingredients for dinner.  Tonight's dinner was Hawaiian Chicken Burgers.  I have Danielle Walker's cookbook, but this was the only place I found the recipe posted online.  I've never watched The Doctors.  Is it an annoying show like Dr. Oz?  Anyway, they were super tasty, even the kids ate them (on buns and sans toppings, though).  Here's a picture that's way less awesome than the one in the link above.


I have a few leftover chicken burgers, some grilled chicken that we cooked at the same time as the burgers, and tomorrow I'm making a giant pork roast in the crock pot that we will nosh on throughout the week.  I bought a conventionally raised pork roast because the organic, pastured pork roast price damn near killed me.  I'm going to shop around though and find some humanely raised pork in the future.  Or give up my fancy hair cuts.  Because damn.

We're going to Six Flags tomorrow.  I'm packing a cooler full of food so I can stay on track. Hopefully I'll be distracted by all the walking and roller coaster riding.  As for how I'm feeling, I feel good, not great.  My energy hasn't skyrocketed or anything.  Joints are still achy and I'm still feeling a bit bitchy, but I'm definitely not worse!

No comments: