Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Whole 30 Day 17? Happy Hump Day!

I'm pretty bad about blogging daily.  It's why I stopped really blogging here and just updated my Facebook page.  I didn't feel creative enough, or funny enough, or interesting enough to post something every day. 

But today I feel inspired!

After my super sad salad at Chevy's Monday I've been jonesing for a burrito bowl type situation.  The problem is the majority of the delish components are off my menu at the moment.  Beans:  Nope! Rice: Nope! Corn: Nope! Sour cream...you get the idea.  Then I remembered I had half a cauliflower left from when I made that amazing veggie biryani Saturday night.  So I decided to adapt the recipe to make a Tex-Mex type rice that I could top with some taco meat, lettuce, and guacamole and then pretend like I got it from Chipotle.

Ingredients:

1/2 Cauliflower Head, riced
3 Tbsp ghee or light olive oil (I used ghee)
1 onion, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted tomatoes (I used Muir Glen)
Juice from the tomatoes, plus broth/liquid to get it to 1/2 cup
Taco Seasoning, about 2 Tablespoons (I used Danielle Walker's recipe, it's not online, womp womp)

Method:

Melt ghee in big sauce pan over medium heat.  Saute carrots and onion for 5-7 minutes.  Stir in cauli rice and seasoning, cook for another 5 minutes or so.  Add broth, tomatoes, and zucchini, stir to combine.  Lower heat just a notch, cover and let it bubble for about 15 minutes.

I just sampled a bit and I can't wait until dinner time.

Oh, and I'm still on track, I feel good, etc. etc. etc.

No comments: